Monday 12 September 2011

Kerri's Krafts: Feather Hair Extensions

Hey guys!

I'm currently laughing about how cheesy I am, by spelling crafts with a K. I didn't even think about it! It was automatic :P haha

Anyway, I have been OB. SESSED with feather hair extensions since about the start of June - when celebs started sporting them, but regular folks didn't really know about them. Since then, I have been infatuated (word of the day) with them, and have been dying to get them.

Sadly, there is no one in my pretty much CITY who does them, so I have had to hold on until I could find someone who did. Well I got pretty bored and frustrated with my waiting, and then even MORE frustrated when I went shopping a couple of weeks ago to see fake/clip-in feather hair extensions on sale, and becoming a trend. They were supposed to be my thing! Haha :P

So I was going to buy one, but they were all $20+ each - pretty pricey for what it is, also considering that I spent my last dime on my Taylor Swift ticket (which, btw, arrived in the mail the other day! eeeep! so excited!). Being the creative, crafty, hands-on person I am, I decided to stuff the over-priced extensions in the store, and made my own! It literally took 5 minutes to make each one, and I paid a total of $20 for an insanely large collection of feathers (what can I say, I love feathers!?), leather cord and beads, to last me over 10 extensions. (Well, except for the cord. I'll need more of that!).

I cut the cord to length, according to the length of my hair, and how long I wanted the extension to be. I then thread it through a snap clip, and hot glued it on. Then, I thread on one bead to where I wanted it, hot glued it into place, put a couple of feathers into the remaining gap of the bead, and strategically glued it into place. Repeat the bead/feather process depending on how many feather clusters you want, and how far apart from each other you would like them. 

I wore two to school today and got a heap of compliments and even some orders!

If you'd like me to make a 'how to' video, just comment below!

(P.S. I'll upload a pic as soon as I work out how!)

No comments:

Post a Comment